November 22, 2009

Finally Home!


Rachel is finally home where she belongs! Friday morning I called the hospital and found out that Rachel pulled the feeding tube from her nose thursday night (I guess she was as tired of it as we were!) and that she had been taking all of her feedings without a problem. The doctors wanted us to spend the night again at the hospital though. Well, it went great, no issues with her eating. The next morning she was cleared to go home and we got out of there as fast as we could. The picture above is us at the hospital getting ready to go. Rachel was welcomed into our home by my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law and my dad's dog and our two pups. What a beautiful day it was out too. Last night was long as expected but I could care less. She is a very good baby, hardly ever cries and she loves to eat! Today, Rachel went on her first walk outside with Stephen and the dogs. Tomorrow, mom and dad leave and Stephen and I will get some quiet time with her. My dad and sister-in-law, Meredith, took a lot of photos and as soon as they send them to me I will post some up here. Until then, I'll try and update as much as I can in between poops and feedings. Oh, and of course staring at her cute little face. :)

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so thrilled for you all! I know you don't know me but I've been following this blog as we too were surprised with our first baby having Down's on Sept. 18th, 2009 after two m/c's. We found out 30 mins after I delivered. He has complete AVSD, so our dealing with his surgery will be coming shortly. Enjoy home life with Rachel! We couldn't WAIT to get out of the hospital, so I was really rooting for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond thrilled for you!! Thank you God for all your blessings!
    Love you Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA YEA YEA!!! I have been waiting for a post to see when she was able to come home! Are you going to post on WTE? I am sure all the other ladies would love to know that all is well with you and Rachel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day!! And such a cute face to stare at!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very happy for your whole family. Congrats on having your beautiful daughter home at last.

    Llama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie! First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!I don't know if you remember me but I am sure that Kylie has mentioned us in the months since Rachel has joined your family. (Lori Arnold- now Lori Free) I just wanted to say hi again and reintroduce me and my family to you guys. My daughter Natalie has DS and shocked us on the day she was born by coming out with that little something extra. Like you, we had at least one loss that we know of before we had Natalie. She is now 3.5 and is seriously the BEST thing that ever happened to us. We are a stronger family because of her. We don't worry about things that don't truly matter which makes life much more smooth. ;) We had our second daughter when Natalie was 26 months old and they are now the sweetest sisters. (usually haha) Enjoy this time of learning and processing. Take it all in when you can, don't worry about things that aren't in your control right now and above all else just keep doing what you are doing. Rachel is gorgeous and I have ooh'ed and ahh'ed my way through all the photos on your blog. PLEASE feel free to contact me whenever and for whatever. Some days are wonderful and some are just plain hard. It was awesome for us to be able to talk to other parents of little ones with DS when Natalie was little and we are here if you all need that. No awkwardness, you are now a part of a bigger family and community than you ever knew existed. Enjoy your new normal and welcome to your new "family".
    Love,
    Cliff, Lori, Natalie and Alyssa Free.

    Feel free to stalk (I mean check out hehe) Natalie's website. http://nat.aboutmybaby.com. It has photos and videos on there all the way back to when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home Fluck Family, Welcome home! This is just the beginning of a long and happy life--enjoy the ride!
    Lori and Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!