January 17, 2014

Good Bye to My Buddy.

I don't like when it's quiet and the thoughts in my head gravitate to him.  When I've sat down to eat at the table and I can't help but look over to his bed to see if he's there and of course he isn't. I miss my buddy. I miss his wagging tail and big ole grin when I come home. I miss the soft fur on his neck that I used to rub when he sat in the car next to me. I miss the constant presence of him in almost 14 years of my life. There is a big hole in my heart and a huge feeling of emptiness in the house.

Jack, do you remember going hiking in West Virginia? Do you remember running along the beach in Florida? Or, just chasing balls in our back yard in North Carolina? Do you remember how you used to sleep next to me in the bed or the many, many miles of walks we've been on? I hope you remember all those things, because I do. And I hope you remember those things and not yesterday when I had to make the decision to put you to sleep.

I'm so sorry buddy. I miss you so much. I loved you so much, my Jackie boy.





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Maggie...this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Jack. He was such an awesome dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sorry for your loss :-( What a sweet little fellow, just from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. I still miss my Jacob 3 years later :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!