September 17, 2011

Special Child?



Here I thought we would only have one "special" child. Little Mr. Fussy Pants in the above pictures has been diagnosed with a milk protein allergy/ intolerance. He is now on expensive Nutramegen formula for that and Prevacid for reflux (like his big sister). After a little over a week of this combo he is a much happier man...except for the dreaded 7pm slot. Ugh. I think all of the entertainment of the day gets him then and he is just hard to calm and get to sleep. He is starting to do better at night when we are sleeping and is stretching his bottle feedings to 3 hours finally. Yay! He also has started to smile. I can't always get him to do it but, wow, what a cutie he is going to be!

Rachel has seriously grown up before my eyes. Having Charlie has made me see what a big girl she truly is. She looks so grown to me and is so much heavier than I remember when ever I pick her up. I think I forgot to mention that she is finally on a straw cup and off bottles. She switched a couple months ago. I love watching her drink from it. It just amazes me to see this little normal toddler activity that she worked so hard to do. My favorite part of the day is when she sits in her little chair to watch Baby Einstein with her afternoon snack and water. She just lounges in the chair eating corn puffs and laughing at the screen. I want to remember things like this forever.

3 comments:

  1. One of the best things about your blog... besides keeping all of us up to date on the kiddos, you, and Stephen ... is being able to remember these things forever... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Rachel and Charlie are amazing, special earthly angels and precious gifts. they are inspirational hero's. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, 12 diagnosis, and developmental delays. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cutie! And wow she does look like a "grown" up girl compared to him!

    The girls are just starting to get into TV..they still mostly ignore it until a dog or animal or some music of some sort that attracts their attention for all of ummm...20 seconds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!