July 15, 2011

She's a Wheel Watcher

Seriously. If you would have told me that Wheel of Fortune was a great show for kids I never would have believed it. But, Rachel loves it for some reason! She stands right at the TV and watches the whole show. At the very beginning she gets totally upset when they break for commercial. She starts to whine and cry. It's hilarious! She does that off and on through the show too. I don't know if it's the wheel, or the clapping, or even the letters popping up on the screen but we've created an addict. On Monday, I'll be sure to get some video of her and her new obsession. (p.s. does admitting we watch Wheel of Fortune make us old?)
I'll take an "R", Pat!

In totally not related news, Rachel really surprised me tonight. Playing with toys is something we've been working on. Sure, she knows how to turn most of them on, or put shapes into holes, or stack rings but practical play has never really been there. Practical play is actually using a toy like it's supposed to be used, for example, pushing a car instead of banging it on a bench and then throwing it. Rachel has a small play refrigerator/kitchen. It came with a plastic spoon and cooking pot. I've model stirring "food" in the pot and then feeding myself the "food" with the spoon. She's imitated it but never initiated it herself until tonight. Tonight, she was sitting on the floor in front of the toy and found the spoon. Instead of just bashing it against the nearest toy, I noticed she started scanning the floor for something...the pot!! She found it and started to "stir" the spoon in the pot and proceeded to feed me. You have no idea how exciting this is! Not only did she remember how the toys were to be played with, she actually looked for one to complete that play. This is such a huge step and I am so proud of her!
working on her calf muscles - also known as pulling all the crap off the top shelf



Today I had my 35 week check up for this pregnancy. All is well and while my body is showing signs of getting ready to give birth, I am nowhere near close to it, thankfully! I need all the time I can get before this little guy shows up. 

1 comment:

  1. The girls love wheel of fortune too. Guess I am old too!

    YAY for stirring in the food! That's awesome!

    Awesome for a good check up! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!