October 26, 2011

Thank You

December 2009
I went to the Mom's Night Out tonight and the subject of how people react when they hear the news that your child has Down syndrome came up. I guess it's pretty common to have people not rejoice the birth of your new baby the way they would a typical one. I guess people may not call or come around. I guess they can just stop talking to you altogether. I am thankful that this was NOT the experience that we had. We had all the support in the world from our family and friends. We received tons of calls, emails and visitors. Our Rachel was loved the very second she arrived. So, I just want to put this out there...Thank you. Thank you to all who were there for us. We are very lucky.

3 comments:

  1. The world is lucky to have Rachel!!! She's amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, We feel the same way! Natalie was very celebrated and welcomed by friends and family. I don't think they will ever realize how appreciative us parents are of that. Yay for sweet Rachel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her unconditionally. she is so precious and I love her with all my heart!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!