August 4, 2010

Just an update...


Rachel is getting over an ear infection. Her second, so far, which is really good. Hopefully we can close her first year out with only those two. Anyway, during the painful part of the ear infection, she was refusing to eat her solid foods. I, being a crazy person, automatically think that she is regressing and that we are going to have to start all over again with stage one foods and that we are hitting the notorious Ds issues with eating. Even so, I bought some stage three foods from Babies R Us. We had some Gerber stage three foods but their stage three foods are still smooth. There really isn't much of a difference between two and three stages. So, I picked up some Plum Baby Training Meals and Earth's Best Fruits and Grain. These were chunky! I was a little nervous about giving them to Rachel. I was afraid she would reject them. Surprise, Surprise, she loves them. I think she likes them even more than anything else she's eaten before! The lumps didn't even phase her. I love this girl. The Earth's Best was apples, oatmeal and cinnamon. It smelled delicious! The Plum Baby was chicken and veggies with pasta. I know I need to just give her our food, unsalted and unseasoned, but I don't cook very often. And when I do cook, I ALWAYS forget to make something for her to try. I know I am going to have to do it. Eventually. But right now I will savor the glory of her eating stage three foods from a jar (or packet)!

Her sitting ability has really improved as well. I think she is finally starting to see the benefit of being seated and playing. It has got to be easier moving those arms in that position. She still resists me and pushes backwards at times but more and more she hangs out for a minute or two before falling over. She hasn't realized that she needs to use her arms to catch herself. That will come.

She also got some pants from her PT to help her keep her legs together and hips secure. When Rachel brings her knees under her to get into her hands and knees position, these pants will work the muscles on the inside of the legs which will help her with crawling. I put them on her today for about 20 minutes and when she did get into her hands and knees position, she was able to stay there for a good 30 seconds and rock back and forth. The pants kept her legs from "frogging" out. Seeing her being able to hold that position for so long makes me excited and I know for sure she will be wearing them more often now. I can't wait until she can crawl! She is so much fun now I can't even imagine what she will be like when she is mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!