December 15, 2010

Waving and Clapping

Our little Rachel has been a busy bee! Yesterday she waved at me for the first time. Today she was waving all over the place. One hand or two! And, while I was watching her on her monitor in her crib she started to clap. It was really good clapping too. The nice hand smacking sound kind. She did it off and on the rest of the day. We tried to get some video but, true to form, we were too slow getting it out and she decided she had had enough by then. Hopefully tomorrow we will get some!
Two handed happy wave
Speaking of tomorrow, Rachel has a follow-up ultrasound of her kidneys and a meeting with her kidney doctor. They need to make sure her one kidney is going back to a normal size. Last time her blood work was great and her kidney was looking better. I am hoping this will be her last follow up. It would be nice to have that worry off our minds and to cross of one more doctor off the list.
I love this munchkin!
Next week I will be delivering all the donations we received for Rachel and Friends. I am so thankful to all of you who have donated. We have a nice selection of things for both hospital's NICUs and I am sure every baby will receive something nice. And their parents, who are so concerned with caring for their sick babies, will know someone is caring about them during this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!