December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Whirl-Wind

We went up to PA for a week to visit my family and celebrate Thanksgiving. In true Erie form, it snowed. Yep, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without snow. Rachel did not get to go out in it though. I was seriously too cold to even think about heading outside.
But she used her indoor time to practice her "big girl" crawling (hands and knees) and to practice pulling to stand. I can now say that she can do that all by herself now. It's really weird to leave a room and come back to her standing up at her toy. We also got to meet the newest member on my dad's side of the family. My cousin and his wife had a baby boy in September. He's only 2 months old but he's a little chunker already. And so very cute! This picture doesn't do him justice. Look at those cheeks!
Evan  
Rachel had a lot of fun with her cousins...can't you tell?
Really, mom?
On our way to and from PA we stopped half-way and spent the night at a hotel. Rachel's max time sitting in the car is 5 hours and that's with a break half-way. So when we get to the hotel, she is ready to get moving.
hum...these look ok
but I love this toy so much better!
Rachel also got a bigger than I would have liked dose of restaurant food (which she loved). We did manage to make sure she got some good nutrition though. Here she is eating cheese and cheerios.
Hey dad, whatcha eating up there?
extra cheesy grin
Over all, it was a nice trip. I wish we could have spent more time with everyone but time went by so quickly. It felt like we had just got there and it was time to go already. Next long trip will be to NY to visit Stephen's family for Christmas. While I can't wait to see them, I am soooo not looking forward to the driving trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love mail!